- A backflow prevention device protects the water supply from becoming contaminated where backflow is a risk. Potable water is kept clean and safe when backflow devices are installed outside your home, reducing a number of potential health risks for residents. These solutions come in handy when there are major problems like a water main burst or pipe freeze. To see reviews from other customers on the services we provide.
When you receive notice letter from City, what device ? who will install ?
Backflow devices can really be instrumental in protecting the water supply in a home. Here are 3 useful backflow devices that can be installed in a home.
- The pressure vacuum breaker assembly is classified technically as a backflow prevention device. It protects the potable water in a home, performing similarly to an atmospheric vacuum breaker. This particular device is usually recommended for homes where the valves are downstream. If adequately protected from extreme conditions, they can be better preserved.
- The reduced pressure principle valve is used to check valves to prevent water from flowing improperly into the pipes. A check valve bears the resemblance of a disc or a flap. The force of the water pushes it open, permitting water to flow in the correct direction through the pipe. The RPD contains a spring that causes it to open and close when water attempts to make its way through the pipe.
- Reduced pressure zone devices contain multiple check valves. The chamber separating the two check valves maintains a certain level of pressure to allow water to be discharged from the drain. A differential pressure relief valve is responsible for managing excessive levels of pressure in the system.
.We offer Complete Service! Let us take care of the process from beginning to end.
What you can expect:
- 100% free estimate and upfront pricing
- minimal interruption to your property’s operation
- all tests and repairs are completed in a timely manner to meet compliance dates
- the test will determine if BFP device passes inspection or requires repair/replacement
- if device fails test we will contact you to review repair requirements and offer a free quote
- after repair is made, a re-test of the device is required (free of charge)
- property owners will be provided with a copy of the completed test report(s)
- we submit the completed test report(s) and supporting documents to the municipality on your behalf
- depending on your location, we may also send applicable processing fees
- install the required test tag and “no connections permitted” label if applicable
- notify you about future testing requirements for the same property
- keep all documentation on file for you